Posted By
Daniel Tomasch
Feb 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello!

I’ve a consistent ad recurring error and I wanted to see if anyone else has it.

The bug happens when I place a vector smart object — either an Illustrator file, or pasting from InDesign.

I place the object, and confirm.

Then, when I hit "command t" to free-transform, Photoshop hangs for a second and then crashes.

It happens every time, on every type of Photoshop file, on any type of vector content.

I can place an EPS file, and the error does not occur.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Scoggins
Mar 27, 2009
I’m having the exact same problem! Please fix this Adobe.
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 27, 2009
Daniel,

Can you please provide your hardware, OS, and maintenance details? Please include computer model, RAM, hard drive free space, scratch disc space, etc. Is there any particular message that pops up on the crash? Have you repaired permissions and run DiskWarrior?

===

Chuck,

Fix what? You’ve told us (your peers, not Adobe) nothing about your system hardware, software, maintenance, or your workflow. And without some detail, there’s no way to know if it is a problem with your setup or not.

Thanks.

Neil
DT
Daniel Tomasch
Mar 27, 2009
Neil; it’s the same error across disparate machines across our design department; they all generate the same error.

We’re all on Intel macs — some Mac Pros, some MacBook Pros — running 10.5 — 5.5 and 5.6.

No error message, only a crash report.

CS4 has been re-installed and a system wiped clean and reinstalled, and no change.

d
JM
J_Maloney
Mar 27, 2009
Try a new user account? Reset PS prefs per the FAQ?
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 27, 2009
Daniel,

If J’s answer doesn’t solve it, then please answer my other questions. Thanks.

Neil
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 27, 2009
Is the crash in the EPS/MPS Parser plugin? Someone keeps sending in crash reports like that, but never includes their email address – so we can’t contact them.

Did you copy the EPS/MPS Parser plugin from an older version of Photoshop? If so, delete that plugin from the CS4 plugins folder.

Photoshop CS4 does not ship with that plugin because Photoshop CS4 doesn’t need that plugin (the functionality was built into the app).

It’s really not a good idea to copy plugins from an older version of Photoshop.
DT
Daniel Tomasch
Mar 31, 2009
Chris

Thanks much!

That was the ticket. Either our IT guy or one of the other designers had held over all the plug-ins from CS3 and made them part of the standard build for our CS4 installation — thus, all of our designers were affected, and none of the other solutions worked.

THANKS MUCH!

d

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections