PS
Posted By
Phil_Stradling
Aug 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Borders will not print on paper when entered in print preview. I’m using a HP 2175 xi printer. It shows on screen when I follow the commands, but no
frame around image when printed from printer. I tried the other method of enlargeing the canvas, but to cumbersome. I have a lot of pictures to enter in to a history and would prefer the simpler method. If there is any one out there that could help me, I’d appreciate it very much. thanks, Phil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BP
Bob_Polk
Aug 24, 2004
As a registered user of Elements 2, Adobe sent me a card the other day offering Photoshop CS at the educational price of $299.
If I was still working professionally I would jump at the chance. What a deal. Bob
BP
Bob_Polk
Aug 27, 2004
Oooops, sorry. That’s not the message I wanted to post.
I’m having the same problem and can’t figure it out.
Bob
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
Phil,

If enlarging the canvas to provide space for a border was a larger effort than you had in mind, a simple way to do it (if you didn’t mind covering up just a bit of the image around the edges) would be…

Create a selection line around the perimeter, have the color you wish for the border showing as the foreground color in the swatch at bottom of Tool Box and go Edit>Stroke and choose the width in pixels (choosing "Inside" for placement).
JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 27, 2004
One method would be to put several photographs on a single piece of paper, and position them so that you can trim each photograph and leave a border.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections