BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If, like me, you prefer the OS X color picker to Adobe’s, you might be interested in this:

< http://www.codepoetry.net/archives/2004/08/02/the_colors.php>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 26, 2004
Barbara,

What a great reference. I’m going to play with it tonight. I have a real problem with reds and greens as in I can’t see them. I already had Painter’s Picker <http://www.oldjewelsoftware.com/ppicker/> and may now learn how to use it. I have been looking for a way to get other matching colors or at least not absurd matches as I just don’t see those mismatches everybody else does. By getting a code for the base color I need to use and using the programs described in the text and in the related forum below the above reference I may be able to figure out a way to exclude the grotesque. If you or anybody has experience with matching other than using their own full color vision I would appreciate knowing what you do.

I was able to make a contribution in that someone wanted a shortcut to the colors pallette and I knew Konfabulator had one. <http://www.widgetgallery.com/index.php> . OOOPS. I just checked and it didn’t print. I’ll try again.

Many thanks

Carl
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 26, 2004
Carl, in the applications>utilities folder, look for digitalcolor meter. You can use that by waving it over anything on your desktop and it will give you the numbers for the color of that pixel.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Aug 26, 2004
Carl, Painter’s Picker is a very neat add-on… Thanks for posting!

Ray
CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 26, 2004
Barbara,

Found it. Thanks

Ray,

You are welcome.

Any One.

Now I can point to a color and find the numbers for it (is that the hexadecimal reading?). How can I transfer that exact color to the Painter’s Picker wheel to get the complementary colors. I can’t do it by eyeballing-by going to PP and selecting the exact same color. I can’t see the colors well enough. Or is there some other way of selecting colors that complement each other without visually recognizing them? I hope there is. For the first time in my life I may be able to choose complementary colors and not look like a doofus without somebody’s help. My lack of color vision kept me from my preferred occupation-fighter pilot.

Carl
RR
Raymond Robillard
Aug 26, 2004
Carl,

I’m at work (on Win..) but if you click on the magnifying glass of the color picker and click on this other color, would the Painter’s Picker wheel adjust itself.. ?

Ray
CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 27, 2004
Ray,

It looks like it to me. I’m sure glad you and Barbara and the other MAC people are around to help me out!

Thanks

Carl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections