JM
Posted By
Jesse_Montes
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed CS4. Tried applying actions, but they aren’t working. For example when I try applying the default sepia toning action, message errors keep popping up and telling me certain functions within that action are "not available". I have tried uninstalling CS4 and reinstalling. Any ideas on this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Mar 15, 2009
What kind and type of image are you trying to run the action on?

If multi-layer, are you targeting a pixel layer?
JM
Jesse_Montes
Mar 15, 2009
Just opening a normal JPEG 8 bit image. No multi-layers or targeting of pixel layers. Although I have never done that before so maybe I am doing it unintentionally. But really all I am doing is opening an image and trying to go right to the action, and stopped right away. any ideas?
R
Ram
Mar 15, 2009
Did you buy your copy of CS4 from Adobe? Any installation problems? Did you update to Photoshop 11.0.1?
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 15, 2009
Did you reset Photoshop preferences? Repair disc permissions?

Neil
JM
Jesse_Montes
Mar 15, 2009
I bought my copy through my university, so it is a student version from Adobe. No installation problems and nothing was moved from the default location. I have now done the following:
Updated to PS 11.0.1, reset my photoshop preferences, and verified my disc permissions through disc utility for CS4.
Problem still persists. What should I try next?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections