AC
Posted By
Amanda_Crad
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried saving the picture as a TIFF, but it didn’t keep the layers intact when I opened it in Elements. Irfanview wont let me save files as PSD though.. Oo

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 25, 2005
Oh, oh. I just reread your original post, and I’d missed something the first time through. I’m not claiming this is the problem, but…

Elements 1.0 was based, if I remember right, on Photoshop 6.0. Version 2.0 was based on PS 7.0. PSCS provides the engine for PSE 3.0. I’m wondering if you made an adjustment in PSCS that the much older PSE 1.0 can’t read.

Download a demo version of PSE 3.0 and see if it can open the file that was modified in PSCS.

This may be a longshot, or – maybe! – I’m on to something! 🙂 For your sake we go hope it’s that simple.
AC
Amanda_Crad
Apr 26, 2005
Alright, I downloaded PSE 3.0, I could open the file with that, so I saved it as something else, and it still wont work in 1.0.

(As a side note, I don’t think I very much like 3.0 as much as the original, it’s much too complicated and I’ve already come across quite a few things that bother me.. @.@)
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2005
If that worked, then I suspect you made some change when you were editing in PSCS that PSE 1.0 doesn’t "understand" because it’s based on a much older engine. With this image you simply may not have the option of using PSE 1.0, because it looks like the idea of it being corrupt has been eliminated. This is like trying to get a Word doc open in Office 97 that was created in "Office 2005" (although I don’t think that really exists.) Applications are usually backward compatible but not forward compatible.
AC
Amanda_Crad
Apr 26, 2005
Hmm..that’s odd, I don’t know what I could have done on CS that I can’t on 1.0..All I did was use the brush tool, a bunch of layers, and a few colors. The only thing that makes 1.0 angry with me is the layer sets, so I didn’t use any. I guess I’ll just have to finish the picture in 3.0 and hope this doesn’t happen again, eh? ^^’

Thank you for trying to help Beth! =)
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
That rings a bell… When you save a file in PSE3 and PSCS, you’re asked about Maximize Compatibility… At least, on my systems, both applications behave this way. Are you asked to maximize compatibility ?

Ray
AC
Amanda_Crad
Apr 26, 2005
Yes, I am asked about the maximize compatibility..although I’m not sure that is the problem. I’ve moved files from CS to 1.0 before, having saved them with the maximize compatibility turned on.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections