TL
Posted By
Tom_Loeb
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchsed a copy of ver. 1 of PE and have been using it for years. I want to upgrade to ver. 3 and am wondering if Adobe is offering upgrade pricing.

I have looked, but cannot find any information.

Thanks,

Tom Loeb

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2005
Adobe had an upgrade offer for a while right after PSE 3.0 was introduced, but it’s now expired. Watching the ads for it either online or in your newspaper will give you a much better buy anyway. Amazon often features it, although I don’t think they’re offering anything special right now. Sam’s Club and Costco often carry it at a pretty good discount, too.
PV
patty van fleet
May 2, 2005
I have anohter question on PSE 3.0. I purchased it off the website thinking I was going to be able to burn DVD/CD’s with it but now after completing my slide show it seems I need PS Elements Premeire. Is this true? If so, is there an add on of the Premeire software some where or am I obligated to buy PSE 3.0 wiht Premeire?
DM
Dave McElderry
May 2, 2005
Patty – I’ve been using Premier Elements now for several months and I wouldn’t recommend purchasing it unless you want to get into video editing. Although it does burn projects to DVD, that’s not where its strength lies. Its strength lies soley in editing AVI video, which it does extremely well for a $99 piece of software. It’s very limited in its DVD templates, and many people are finding that it’s very tempermental regarding system configuration, resulting in lockups during the burning process. Maybe not specifically the fault of PrEl, but that’s the end result.

If you’re looking for DVD authoring software, look into Nero or MyDVD, or perhaps you’ll get other recommendations from others in this group. -Dave
NB
Norina_Bourget
May 2, 2005
Here’s a link for checking the Weekly sales fliers in your area. http://www.salescircular.com/index.shtml

Start shopping…

Rina

wrote in message
I purchsed a copy of ver. 1 of PE and have been using it for years. I want to upgrade to ver. 3 and am wondering if Adobe is offering upgrade pricing.
I have looked, but cannot find any information.

Thanks,

Tom Loeb
TL
Tom_Loeb
May 3, 2005
Thanks all for the follow-up. I found that CompUSA has the full version of 3.0 on sale until May 7th for $69.95.

Great deal, so I jumped on it this AM.

Tom

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections