JP
Posted By
Jerry_P_Linning
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to change the background colour to black to show off my flower pics. How do I do it step by step?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
May 11, 2005
Is the background a single colour now?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 11, 2005
Hi Jerry,

The way I would suggest is:

Select the flowers using a selection tool that you feel most comfortable with (Lasso, Slection brush, Magic Wand) … zoom in really close and take your time doing in it so that you get a really good selection.
Then do Edit>Copy
Edit>Paste
Now you will be able to put a new layer, filled with black, below your flower layer.

Another way would be to duplicate the layer then use a soft brush with black to paint over the existing background.

If the existing background is already quite dark then try out the burn tool (set to a low opacity) and see how you go with that.

To get the best results you will need to experiment with the different methods … as each image background will present different problem.

If you need anymore help just let us know 🙂

Wendy
JP
Jerry_P_Linning
May 11, 2005
I have several different flower pics I want to try it on. Most have more than one colour in the background.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 11, 2005
Jerry …

Try the paintbrush technique but set it at a low opacity and see how that works 🙂

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections