CE
Posted By
Charles_Ettelson
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone any idea what this error message means? The error message is: "Organizer DB API failed to execute directly." I get this message after I touch up images in the Editor mode of my Photoshop Elements 3.0.

Everything seems to work ok, but I suspect that the error message means something. I would be happy for a user, or an Adobe employee to shed light on this. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

O
o3v3tz
May 16, 2005
Charles,

Saw your post in the other thread – glad that Catalog Recover solved your problem.

Charles Ettelson, ""save as" error message" #2, 14 May 2005 9:10 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>

Barb O
JK
judy_katz
May 17, 2005
I have just had the same problem when I tried to save scanned photos as psd files. I am brand new to photoshop elements and don’t know what I may be doing incorrectly. A response would be great
SG
Samara_Gugler
May 17, 2005
I am also having the same problem. Started about 5 days ago. Any insight is much appreciated.
O
o3v3tz
May 17, 2005
Judy and Samara,

Please tell us if you did the

File > Catalog > Recover

described in my post in message 1 that has the link to

Charles Ettelson, ""save as" error message" #2, 14 May 2005 9:10 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>

where Charles reported that it fixed the problem for him.

Barb O
SG
Samara_Gugler
May 17, 2005
I tried that just now…didn’t work.
O
o3v3tz
May 18, 2005
Samara,

Since the Catalog Recover did not work for you, we need to look deeper.

Started about 5 days ago

Implies that the Organizer did work for some length of time after PSE 3 was installed. Please confirm.

Do you remember what you were doing when this message first appeared? What type of photo file were you working on? What were you doing?

What are you doing now when this message happens? If you are saving a file, is the file actually saved ? Did you check the Organizer and the Version Set boxes on the Save As? If yes, is the edited photo properly placed in the Version Set and displayed in the thumbnail for that photo? Do you have Watched Folders active?

Barb O
CE
Charles_Ettelson
May 18, 2005
Is this forum monitored by Adobe helpdesk people? Or is this just a free for all by users, who are ‘out to sea’?
I am frustrated by the lack of any way to communicate directly with Adobe unless it qualifies as ‘free customer service’ based on an error in the program. If this discussion does not demonstrate an error, what does?
O
o3v3tz
May 18, 2005
Charles,

I’ll leave the complete answer to the forum moderator.

However, you probably noticed that it says "User to User Forums" at the top of the page if you use the Web interface. Not sure what you see if you use the Newsreader interface.

Did you call Adobe Tech Support for this problem and did they charge you ? If you did not call, then I don’t understand your complaint.

Your post in the other thread regarding a similar problem says that your problem was resloved. Did I draw the wrong conclusion from your post?

Barb O
JJ
Jim_J
May 18, 2005
Charles,

From time to time Adobe engineering types pop by to look at the issues that they see, however this absolutely a user-to-user forum. Even the moderation is by a non-Adobe person (me).

You can get a hold of CS folks long-distance, but frankly, the folks here do a very good job for a simple thank you. You might try this out for a bit.

Cheers
Jim, Adobe Volunteer Moderator
SG
Samara_Gugler
May 18, 2005
Implies that the Organizer did work for some length of time after PSE
3 was installed. Please confirm.

Yes, I’ve have PSE 3 installed for about 5 mo.

Do you remember what you were doing when this message first appeared?

I was saving a 2400×2400 layout of at least 30 layers. I was saving it as a psd file, then a jpg file.

What type of photo file were you working on? What were you doing?

see above

What are you doing now when this message happens? If you are saving a
file, is the file actually saved ?

It happens just after the file is saved.

Did you check the Organizer and the Version Set boxes on the Save As?
If yes, is the edited photo properly placed in the Version Set and displayed in the thumbnail for that photo? Do you have Watched Folders active?

I have no idea. I’ll have to check the next time I save.

Thanks so much for helping me resolve this.
SG
Samara_Gugler
May 18, 2005
Implies that the Organizer did work for some length of time after PSE
3 was installed. Please confirm.

Yes, I’ve had PSE 3 installed for about 5 mo.

Do you remember what you were doing when this message first appeared?

I was saving a 2400×2400 layout of at least 30 layers. I was saving it as a psd file, then a jpg file.

What type of photo file were you working on? What were you doing?

see above

What are you doing now when this message happens? If you are saving a
file, is the file actually saved ?

It happens just after the file is saved.

Did you check the Organizer and the Version Set boxes on the Save As?
If yes, is the edited photo properly placed in the Version Set and displayed in the thumbnail for that photo? Do you have Watched Folders active?

I have no idea. I’ll have to check the next time I save.

Thanks so much for helping me resolve this.
JK
judy_katz
May 18, 2005
Thanks- I did that and now I can save them as psd files, but when they show up, they are not images, but rather have the photoshop elements 3 logo (smiling girl), but they do have the names that I have given the images and when I click, the image comes up correctly–is that normal? Also in the organizer, do they always remain as jpegs (I scanned the images in from prints)?

Thanks, I am really a beginner.
Judy katz
O
o3v3tz
May 18, 2005
Judy,

Do you see the smiling girl logo in Windows Explorer?
You should see a thumbnail of the actual photo with the modification you made during the edit in the Organizer’s Photo Broswer.

The normal process is that the Organizer keeps the Original in the same format as it was (a jpeg in this case) and it keeps an additional file for the edited photo in the PSD format.

If you are interested in a book about the Organizer that also has topics on Editing, then I suggest you look at <http://www.photofanatic.com/>

Barb O
CE
Charles_Ettelson
May 18, 2005
Barb,
I did not call, as I could not tell if this problem was a ‘product defect’, so I did not choose to submit my credit card information for Adobe to use, if they deemed my question to not be related to a product defect.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections