Linda_G._Thomas
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click on my PSE 2 to open I get a box saying:

"Trying to open Photoshop Elements"
"An error occured while attempting to download a file from the Adobe Online web server. The request was not understood by the server.
HTTP #400-Bad Request."

How can I fix this. This isn’t the first time it has happened.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 28, 2005
Since I have PE1 and PE3 I’m not sure where this is in PE2.

Since there are no updates go to Edit and look for Adobe on line either by itself or under Preferences and set it to never. Will speed up your load, too. 🙂

Bob
BH
Beth_Haney
May 28, 2005
I typed a response to this one earlier and then couldn’t get it posted! A simple reset of preferences usually doesn’t cure this one. Since I don’t know which platform/OS you’re using, try this:

Have Elements closed, and then disconnent your computer from the internet. Once that’s done, launch Elements and then follow Bob’s instructions to set the update preference for Adobe Online to Never. Now reconnect, and it shouldn’t (I said SHOULDN’T) happen again. There aren’t any updates anyway.
CD
Collin_Dawson
May 30, 2005
Saved! I’m so glad I read this post; I was having the same issue after attempting to "update" my PE2. I disconnected from the internet and set my preferences to never update. Thank you both for posting a fix.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections