R
Posted By
Roger
Apr 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to the program (and the group) and was playing around with a picture of a ripe (yellow) banana on a red background, practising changing colours by using the magic selection brush tool and the hue slider. I also inverted the selection to work on the background colours. In other words, I’m still taking my first steps.

During the course of this, I selected the banana (with none of the red background) and pressed Smart Fix. I thought this would modify the yellow slightly, perhaps making it more intense. What in fact happened was that the banana turned green — the exact shade of an unripe banana. Is there a reason for this?

I do of course realise that the results of the Smart Fix must be assessed and either accepted or rejected. It has certainly made a great improvement to some of my landscape pictures which had a slight blue haze.

Roger

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
luk
Apr 8, 2006
Roger wrote:

I am new to the program (and the group) and was playing around with a picture of a ripe (yellow) banana on a red background, practising changing colours by using the magic selection brush tool and the hue slider. I also inverted the selection to work on the background colours. In other words, I’m still taking my first steps.
During the course of this, I selected the banana (with none of the red background) and pressed Smart Fix. I thought this would modify the yellow slightly, perhaps making it more intense. What in fact happened was that the banana turned green — the exact shade of an unripe banana. Is there a reason for this?

I do of course realise that the results of the Smart Fix must be assessed and either accepted or rejected. It has certainly made a great improvement to some of my landscape pictures which had a slight blue haze.

Roger

This is probably not the answer you’d like, but
I’ve never found that the "auto fixes" in Elements suit me. I much prefer to do my own thing.
If you go to "adjust lighting" and "levels", then click the RGB arrow, you can manipulate
color to your heart’s content.

Luk

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections