JW
Posted By
Jeff Wright
Jun 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PSE4. When I go to Help, Updates, I get the message "No connection. Please check your internet settings and/or firewall." Well, I’ve done all that, as well as reinstalled the program. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chris
Jun 15, 2006
I think that this is a common problem – I’ve seen it elsewhere; there’s also a similar issue with CS2. I don’t beleive there are any updates, so no worries even though annoying.

Cheers

Chris

Jeff Wright wrote:
I’m using PSE4. When I go to Help, Updates, I get the message "No connection. Please check your internet settings and/or firewall." Well, I’ve done all that, as well as reinstalled the program. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff
JM
Jack Mac
Jun 16, 2006
On 15 Jun 2006 14:13:20 -0700, "Chris Hawkins" wrote:

I think that this is a common problem – I’ve seen it elsewhere; there’s also a similar issue with CS2. I don’t beleive there are any updates, so no worries even though annoying.

Cheers

Chris

Jeff Wright wrote:

Thanks,

Jeff

No problem here. Get message "No updates available".

Jack Mac
D
dozegfx
Jun 19, 2006
It’s an Adobe / IE7 b2 problem, if you installed IE7 that is why your getting the error, dunno why the adobe updater is relying on a web browser or component of such, but hopefully someone will fix it soon.

Jack Mac wrote:

Cheers

Chris

Jeff Wright wrote:

Thanks,

Jeff

Jack Mac
JW
Jeff Wright
Jun 20, 2006
Thanks for the info. Yes, I did in fact install IE7 and I guess that’s when the problem started. I guess the question now is, if there’s an update to correct this problem, how do we get it?? In the past, I was hoping to get an update regarding the annoying snap-to-grid and snap-to-object "feature." I can’t turn either one off!!

Thanks again,

Jeff W

wrote in message
It’s an Adobe / IE7 b2 problem, if you installed IE7 that is why your getting the error, dunno why the adobe updater is relying on a web browser or component of such, but hopefully someone will fix it soon.

Jack Mac wrote:

Cheers

Chris

Jeff Wright wrote:
I’m using PSE4. When I go to Help, Updates, I get the message "No connection. Please check your internet settings and/or firewall." Well,
I’ve done all that, as well as reinstalled the program. Has anyone else had
this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jack Mac
L
luk
Jun 20, 2006
Jeff Wright wrote:
I was hoping to get an
update regarding the annoying snap-to-grid and snap-to-object "feature." I can’t turn either one off!!

What happens when you go under "view" and click on "snap to grid" ? Does the checkmark there
go away?

Luk
JW
Jeff Wright
Jun 22, 2006
Yes, the check mark goes away, but the "snap to grid" feature remains active. Other people on this newsgroup have noticed this bug in the past. I appreciate the "snap to grid" feature, of course, but there are times when I need to turn it off. Also, I can find nowhere in the program (PSE4) where you can turn on/off snapping to objects.

Jeff

"luk" wrote in message
Jeff Wright wrote:
I was hoping to get an
update regarding the annoying snap-to-grid and snap-to-object "feature." I
can’t turn either one off!!

What happens when you go under "view" and click on "snap to grid" ? Does the checkmark there
go away?

Luk

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections