JB
Posted By
John B
Jul 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I had PSE3 and because I wanted the enhanced slideshow features of PSE4 I downloaded a trial from the Adobe site and used it for 30 days. At the time there were some instructions about setting up a new catalogue whilst in the trial stage which stupidly I have lost somewhere. However all new photos I took were downloaded onto the old PSE3 whilst I experimented with PSE4. I have since bought the upgrade to PSE4 and as far as I can tell transferred the catalogues over. But there are about a dozen or so photos that are not on the PSE4 catalogue but are on PSE3. Is there a process by which the two catalogues can be synchronised or is there another process that will get all my 1500 photos or so on to PSE4?
Thank you.
John B

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jul 22, 2006
John B wrote:
Hi, I had PSE3 and because I wanted the enhanced slideshow features of PSE4 I downloaded a trial from the Adobe site and used it for 30 days. At the time there were some instructions about setting up a new catalogue whilst in the trial stage which stupidly I have lost somewhere. However all new photos I took were downloaded onto the old PSE3 whilst I experimented with PSE4. I have since bought the upgrade to PSE4 and as far as I can tell transferred the catalogues over. But there are about a dozen or so photos that are not on the PSE4 catalogue but are on PSE3. Is there a process by which the two catalogues can be synchronised or is there another process that will get all my 1500 photos or so on to PSE4?
Thank you.
John B

I don’t think there is any way of doing what you want. When you loaded
4.0 it looked at 3.0 and copied the data. Now you seem to have added new
images to both so neither is complete. I don’t think there is an easy way of finding out what is missing from the other.

However, if you know where all the photos are, I believe you can ask 4.0 to search for photos not in the current catalog. Of course since it appears you have more than one, that could also be a problem.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
JB
John B
Jul 23, 2006
Joseph Meehan wrote:
John B wrote:
Thank you.
John B

I don’t think there is any way of doing what you want. When you loaded
4.0 it looked at 3.0 and copied the data. Now you seem to have added new
images to both so neither is complete. I don’t think there is an easy way of finding out what is missing from the other.

However, if you know where all the photos are, I believe you can ask 4.0 to search for photos not in the current catalog. Of course since it appears you have more than one, that could also be a problem.
OK thanks, I’ll see what I can do.
JB
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jul 26, 2006
"John B" wrote in message
Joseph Meehan wrote:
John B wrote:
Thank you.
John B

I don’t think there is any way of doing what you want. When you loaded 4.0 it looked at 3.0 and copied the data. Now you seem to have added new images to both so neither is complete. I don’t think there is an easy way of finding out what is missing from the other.
However, if you know where all the photos are, I believe you can ask
4.0 to search for photos not in the current catalog. Of course since it
appears you have more than one, that could also be a problem.
OK thanks, I’ll see what I can do.
JB

I’m not sure exactly what you want to do but if it is to preserve the tags, then I’d write them to the files and the pics will come in with the tags intact.

3 does export tags to files no?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections