Posted By
ZR
Aug 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have two HDs on my computer, C and D.

Have pictures on C and other pictures onb D.

Running PSE Vr. 3 on C.

1. How can I set the orgnizer in such a way that it will only deal with the images on C and another orgnizer (not the same) which will be dedicated to images on D ?

2. Hoiw many images can the orgnizer store-collect ? is

3. When I scan a picture into PSE, and store it in "My Pictures" for some reason (lately) can’t see it immediately when I go to the "Orgnizer". sometime it doesn’t show at all, othertimes only after restarting the computer… What is going on ?

Thanks for any help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Aug 18, 2006
ZR wrote:
I have two HDs on my computer, C and D.

Have pictures on C and other pictures onb D.

Running PSE Vr. 3 on C.

1. How can I set the orgnizer in such a way that it will only deal with the images on C and another orgnizer (not the same) which will be dedicated to images on D ?

I don’t have version 3.0 any more I am using 4.0, but I believe you have the ability to set where the organizer looks for new images. You can limit it to your C drive. In version 4.0 the options are set from the FILE – WATCH FOLDER menu.

Did you know that, at least in version 4.0, you can have more than one collection so you can in effect split your photos as you are now doing with two organizers?

2. Hoiw many images can the orgnizer store-collect ? is

Lots, I really don’t know what the limit is.

3. When I scan a picture into PSE, and store it in "My Pictures" for some reason (lately) can’t see it immediately when I go to the "Orgnizer". sometime it doesn’t show at all, othertimes only after restarting the computer… What is going on ?

See my answer to #1. You may find that the settings there will help.

Thanks for any help.

You also asked about version 3.0 vs 4.0. As you can see I moved to 4.0. Since then I found a number of features I like much better in 4.0 and I would not think of going back. Your preferences may not be the same as mine.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections