EB
Posted By
Eric B
Nov 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking to create a file which has holes cut in it which are transparent, which when used as a material in sketchup will remain transparent. Im told there is a way to do this in photoshop can anyone help?

Eric

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 12, 2007
"Eric B" wrote in message
I am looking to create a file which has holes cut in it which are transparent, which when used as a material in sketchup will remain transparent. Im told there is a way to do this in photoshop can anyone help?

Eric
Open a new image in PS, any size, any colour background (not white for his exercise)
With the Eraser of Marquee tools + delete key, make a few holes in the image.
In the layers palette (F7 if not showing) alt + click on the background layer to unlock it.
If you have done it corectly where you have erased/deleted should be showing a chequer board pattern where the image is now transparent.. Save image as a PNG to preserve this transparency.

TWK
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Nov 12, 2007
"Eric B" wrote in message

Eric
Don’t use the Eraser, use one of the Lasoo or Marquee tools to make a selection and the hit delete.

TWK
T
Theos
Nov 14, 2007
On Nov 12, 1:44 pm, Eric B wrote:

Eric

You can also save as a GIF, which allows transparent backgrounds

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections