BE
Posted By
Bob_Eveleigh
Dec 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have recently replaced my PC. Windows Pro with all current updates. I use Photoshop CS3.

Sometimes when I put the cursor on the blue bar at the top of an open PS image it doesn’t move around my screen when I drag the mouse. Other times it works OK after a few stutters. It was always OK on my previous PC.

As I thought it might be a Microsoft issue I googled the problem but can’t find anything.

Anyone got any solutions?

Thanks,

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 17, 2007
the only time i’ve heard of this problem is when the user had their mouse set up for left handed use…
BE
Bob_Eveleigh
Dec 17, 2007
Thanks Dave,

You’re right – I do use the mouse set up as left handed. But I’ve done so for ages and had used CS3 for several months before changing my PC (the OS was Windows Pro on the old one and is on the new one). It’s only started happening recently so perhaps it’s due to a Microsoft upgrade?

Have you (or anyone else) any thoughts on how to correct – other than switching back to right handed use?

Thanks,

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 17, 2007
that’s the only way i’ve seen reported. maybe unload any special mouse drivers (intellepoint?) and run generic?

when you say "windows pro" i’m assuming you mean "windows XP pro"?
BE
Bob_Eveleigh
Dec 17, 2007
Thanks Dave,

Yes to Windows XP Pro.

Strangely, my left handed mouse set-up moves panels around in other programmes (like this forum for example). Only seems to be Photoshop.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections