X
Posted By
Xeon
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! Do visit <http://www.sheencal.com/PSD-Sample1.psd> and download the PSD file. After you’ve opened the file, notice there’s 2 objects : A plastic-looking ‘A’ and a ‘!’.

The ‘A’ looks really plastic, cos’ I followed the steps of a tutorial. The ‘!’, however, looks really amatuerish and lame, artificial and fake, and doesn’t look as plastic as the first!

So, from the file, can someone give me some pointers? I think the main cause is that the lighter red color used for the ‘!’ does not fit too well with the darker red color, and thus the unnaturalness. 🙂

Thanks folks! 😉
Xeon.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

I
ID._Awe
Dec 3, 2003
Increase the ‘Bevel/Emboss’ from the layers filters and soften more.
X
Xeon
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks ID.Awe! Well, I tried…but still, it looks less plastic than the first. I guess for the time being, I’ll copy the layer style of the greater-looking plastic and just change the colors. :):)

If anyone has any further suggestions, they would be deeply appreciated! ;):D
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Dec 4, 2003
Make the inner shadow color a darker red. That seemed to do the trick for me.

Also, if you turn on Satin again, make sure that the distance is brought down to around 3 or so.
X
Xeon
Dec 5, 2003
Thanks Jonathan! :):)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections