JM
Posted By
Joan_Manchester
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7 on a PC. When I first set this computer up I was told I had to change the settings for the Nvidia card. Another person thought he was doing me a favor and reset all my computer’s defaults. I don’t remember what I was supposed to do with the Nvidia settings to ensure better color management settings. I want to do this before I readjust the Adobe Gamma. Can anyone help?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mick_Murphy
Feb 18, 2004
There is something in the FAQ about this but I reckon that this is outdated. I’m using an NVIDIA card and it is not affecting Adobe Gamma. The FAQ suggests disabling the NVIDIA driver service. You should probably update your video drivers from the NVIDIA site anyway which would re-enable this automatically. If you have problems, disable it again in Services.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 18, 2004
The FAQ suggests disabling the NVIDIA driver service.

I think that should be gamma service… thus letting adobe gamma loader handle your color calibration. If nvida’s and adobe’s are both loaded, there can be conflicts.

getting the latest drivers from the site is always a good idea. even if you just bought it.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Feb 19, 2004
The only relevant service that I can see is the NVIDIA Display Driver Service. Have no idea what it does. Turning it off has no obvious effect that I can see but who knows. It doesn’t seem to have any effect on Adobe Gamma Loader in any case.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 19, 2004
I have an nvida no name card as my #2, but i didn’t load any support sw beyond the bare drivers so i was just going off memory from reading about the gamma stuff here. you’re probably right.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections