EJ
Posted By
Evelyn_Jacob
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently got the following message when I tried to open PS 7: Could not initialize PS because of program error.

History:
After I had turned on the computer but before I tried to open PS 7, a little window popped up indicated that Adobe was downloading files.
A few seconds later the my anti-virus software indicated that it had auto-detect a potentially bad script and asked if I wanted to stop it. I said "yes," and then tried to open PS7, which is when I got the error message above.

The log of the anti-virus program indicated that the script it had stopped was BackWeb-8876480.exe I’m now thinking that this was a file that Adobe was downloading, and that by stopping it I made the computer delete a file that is needed for PS to open.

Can anyone help me with this?
Am I correct that BackWeb-8876480.exe is needed to open PS7? If so, is there a way that I can just add that file (if so, how?), or do I need to reinstall PS7?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Evelyn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2004
reset the prefrences per the faq. when you’re running again turn off auto update.
R
rickhutson
Jan 12, 2004
Go here and see which app or product you have that it came with. <http://www.backweb.com/services/html/spyware.html> Mine came with an older version of a logitech INTERNET keyboard. It amounts to spy ware. Remove it if you can. It accesses the net and ties up your resources.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections