N
Posted By
newsgroups
Feb 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(Adobe Photoshop CS1 Mac – Factory Filters)

I’m trying to get an effect over a large area :

Needs to look like fine mist / overspray typical with aerosol paint application over the whoel area.

The spatter filter is awful and I’ve done a fairly large amount of Googling / experimenting without finding what I want.

The closest I’ve got is using a large (2500px) brush [Transparent Red Spraypaint Preset] which uses the Noise option. Of course only the edge of the "spray" is the effect I want [1 – 2mm drop sizes].

I suppose I could select an area and try making it a seamless tile and making it a pattern…

Can anyone suggest another / a better way?

Cheers, Antony.

*** Change the typo in my address if replying via e-mail ***

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Tacit
Feb 9, 2006
In article <43eaa922$>,
"Antony N. Lord" wrote:

I’m trying to get an effect over a large area :

Needs to look like fine mist / overspray typical with aerosol paint application over the whoel area.

The spatter filter is awful and I’ve done a fairly large amount of Googling / experimenting without finding what I want.

The closest I’ve got is using a large (2500px) brush [Transparent Red Spraypaint Preset] which uses the Noise option. Of course only the edge of the "spray" is the effect I want [1 – 2mm drop sizes].
I suppose I could select an area and try making it a seamless tile and making it a pattern…

Can anyone suggest another / a better way?

Enter QuickMask mode.

Use the Noise filter to fill the Quick Mask with noise.

Exit QuickMask. Control-H to hide the selection edges.

Paint with a normal brush.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections