JB
Posted By
jerry bransford
Jul 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this message as a response to an earlier message but, since I have had no comments, I suppose I should have posted it as a new topic – here goes:

Several weeks ago, I downloaded the trial version of PSE but have not been able to get it installed. I’m tired of trying to install the program and now want to uninstall all pse files but I find only three files on the desktop and nothing shows up as PhotoShop Elements when I click on "All Programs", so I can’t just click on "Uninstall". The three files on the desk top are: pse2trial.exe, a shortcut to Adobe Photoshop webpage, and a folder that has two files Abcpy.ini and DATA.TAG.

When I tried to install I got a message that 77 files were unzipped but I have no idea how to find them. Can someone tell me how to ferret out all of the PSE files and trash them?

Jerry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth Haney
Jul 17, 2003
Since you never got it installed, maybe what’s showing on your desktop is all there is. It looks to me like pse2trial.exe is the installer, isn’t it? I’ve always thought there was a difference between what was unzipped – in preparation for installation – and what was actually installed. I’m not sure you’re even looking for 77 files.

Have you done a Find for Photoshop Elements?
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 17, 2003
Except, JoAnn, he says he was never able to install it and it doesn’t show in All Programs. Can’t uninstall something that isn’t there, can you? I may be off base, though, since I speak Win only as a third language.
JA
JoAnn Amerson
Jul 17, 2003
When I read "All Programs", I think of the Start menu. It is possible for a program to show up in the Add/Remove Programs and not be visible in the Start menu. It may have installed *something*.

What I would do if it happened to me would be to start the install again and make note of where it put those 77 extracted. You have to figure it’s not going to mess it up any worse than it already has. 😉
HG
Harry Gayton
Jul 19, 2003
Jerry, try looking in your "temp" files. I have also had a problem installing the trial version and am here looking for some answers. On my attempts the files unzipped to my temp folder. Do a search for your temp folder and see if the files may be there….hope this helps.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections