NM
Posted By
Norman_Morris
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had a user experience this problem a couple of months ago and I resolved the problem…I just don’t remember what I did. Today, same user experienced the problem and disabling Symantec Norton AntiVirus resolved the problem.

Just wondering if you are using Norton AntiVirus v9.0.1?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RH
Ros_Haverson
Apr 22, 2004
I’m also having this problem. I’m using Photoshop 7 on OSX. Both eps files AND pdf files fail to go through the rasterization process and open a blank doc. I was advised to re-install – I did – it rasterized once but when I tried it again the same old problem occurred. Yes, I am using Norton Antivirus v9.0.1 but the problem was occurring prior to installing Norton. Any more suggestions anyone?
RG
Rene_Garneau
Apr 22, 2004
I’ve read in a Forum a while ago (don’t remember which one) that if the Quark EPS has Zapf Dingbat font in it, Photoshop won’t be able to open it.

I haven’t tried it, maybe worth a try.
JW
Jessica_Williamson
May 19, 2004
Norton 9.0 is indeed the problem. Turn it off, rasterize the file and turn it back on when you’re done.
R
Ram
May 19, 2004
Because Norton components are so darned intrusive, I don’t let anything with the Norton name reside on my computer, especially File Saver and Norton Anti Virus. It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the CD as a last resort when Apple’s Disk Utility and DiskWarrior fail, but the Norton components on the hard drive can cause more damage than they fix.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections