MK
Posted By
mikolaj_kamler
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do the Adobe apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) handle OpenType/TrueType/Postscript fonts with non-english (i.e. polish) characters in OS X? In some fonts, the polish type will show, in others, there are only "?" signs in place of the polish characters.
Of course, some fonts just don’t include polish characters. But what puzzles me is the behavior of fonts such as Verdana, Arial, and lots of others which support polish characters outside Photoshop (in Macromedia Flash, Nisus Word, or TextEdit) – but not when I type in Photoshop. Has it something to do with Photoshop’s support for Unicode (is there any?)? Or is it related to the fact that – as far as I know – Photoshop is not a Cocoa app…?
Please help me – it would be great if I could use all the fonts I have without problems…

Thanks in advance,

Miko³aj Kamler

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2004
It handles them correctly. Yes, Photoshop supports Unicode.

You do need to select a Polish typeface before typing or pasting in Polish text.

Odds are that the "other" typefaces have an encoding problem.

What would Cocoa have to do with any of this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections