Posted By
Jeffrey_Ellis
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi–

I’m having a problem. I originally created my file at 200 dpi. It contains type with layer effects such as drop shadows and gradients. But now I find that to print out I actually needed the whole thing to be more like 600 dpi or more.

But when I increase the size of the photo, I find all my effects have changed. The type gets bigger, yes, but the effects stay where they were, changing everything so much as to not be what I designed.

Is there some way to overcome this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 23, 2004
You don’t say which version. In 6-7 Control-click or right-click on the "f" icon in the Layers Palette (in the layer itself) and choose Scale Effects. Might be easier in CS.

This also appears in teh Layetr menu under Layer Style.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
May 23, 2004
Layer Styles are always made for a specific resolution so changing that requires scaling. Additionally, any presets one obtains always need to be tweaked for different resolutions, especially as you seldom know the original resolution for which it was created.

I have to scale effects so often that I’ve assigned a key command to that (as well as copy and paste effects). Of course that possibility is only available in PS CS.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections