Posted By
ryan_dowdeswell
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
is anyone else experiencing this:

my cursor has a very jerky movement to it while working on a PS 6.0.1 document, ever since I upgraded to to Panther. It makes it next to impossible to make a smooth selection…the cursor will randomly "jump" about 10-20 pixels from where it was.

I don’t really think this is a problem with PS, rather how Panther operates with Classic, but i’m trying to find out if anyone else has experienced this problem.

thanks for any help.

Ryan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jun 2, 2004
Classic is OS9 running in emulation in OSX.

Just like virtual PC.

maybe its time to upgrade to OSX native photoshop
P
Phosphor
Jun 2, 2004
What kind of Mouse?
N
nsnape
Jun 2, 2004
Yes unfortunately with the recent updates somewhere along the path to Panther 10.2.4 Photoshop 6 in Classic has pointing devices jumping as you describe it. I’m not sure why this is yet it maybe something linked to overall memory and perhaps video redraws from the OS to the Classic layer. I see this on large images around 200MB
R
Ram
Jun 2, 2004
Also, check out this thread and the links contained therein:

Ramón G Castañeda "Repair Permissions BEFORE AND AFTER installing software (for the FAQs?)" 6/2/04 1:07pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections