GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Dec 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
May 2004 bring you good health, prosperity, and peace. Happy Hogmanay to those who are Scots or wish they were.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 31, 2003
I will try to send my New Year message at exactly 00.00 tonight on this forum. If everyone does, we will be able to see these New Year wishes move around the world.

Leen
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 31, 2003
By design, I will be nowhere near my keyboard at midnight… so I’ll add my good wishes now…

….health, happiness and prosperity to all…

Byron Gale
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 31, 2003
yupper, 2004 may be a good one….of course i say that every year about the coming year and every year I’m thinking ‘ well, this one feels like it might be a special one ‘……i guess they really were afterall. No complaints. Happy New Year everyone !
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 31, 2003
Happy New Year!!!

Jodi! I got my snow! Except it’s melting now in the rain, but it was really pretty at 6 a.m.!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 31, 2003
Beth, wonderful !…>>>>>for you ! I hate the stuff myself…I’d much rather it rain than snow….that would suggest that it’s warm out 😉 I guess it’s the ‘cold’ I hate more than the snow. My cave dwelling lizard blood can’t take it ;)…yes., i’m part Lizard.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 31, 2003
Beth, that’s great, I guess. I’ll take 78 and sunny any day, myself. <g>

Anyway, Happy New Year, Everyone!
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
I hope the new year is the best one yet for all of my friends here on the forum, Happy New Year.

Nancy
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 31, 2003
78 and sunny would be OK – in July. 🙂 I like variety, which we haven’t been getting enough of around here to suit me the last few years. The last winter when there was quite a bit of real winter weather was 88-89 – the one I spent in Florida, so I missed all the fun. The weatherman said if I was good he might let me have some more snow on Saturday. I’ll probably blow it. 🙁
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 31, 2003
A Happy New Year to Everyone! I wish for the Best Weather as appropriate to each. Of course Health and Properity, and last but not least advancement in the happy journey with PS Elemnts.

shan
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 31, 2003
Happy New Year to all! I plan to celebrate the year’s passing at midnight Eastern Standard Time. When 2004 begins here in Colorado, I will have been asleep for almost two hours…
🙂
Chuck the Party Animal (NOT)
R
Ray
Dec 31, 2003
Happy New Year to each and everyone of you 🙂 It’s been a great year for me (discovering this group
is part of the highlights of my year), although I got more injuries then ever (and a set of %$/"@!!
braces..), I feel lucky as no one close to me had any bad turnings in their life, everyone is healthy, they all work, and, most of all, I have a home and the refrigerator is full, as much as my heart is filled with joy and happiness.

I will be watching TV at midnight tonight. Sounds boring but it’s actually a cultural tradition here. Each year, CBC (well, La Société Radio-Canada, in French), broadcasts a show to celebrate the
end of the current year and start the new one on a party. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always celebrated midnight watching this tv show (called "Le Bye-Bye", the Bye-Bye in English).

Also, at midnight, either the phone rings or I’m calling someone. This year, it’s gonna be my little sister who will be the lucky one to receive a phone call (don’t tell her yet, she doesn’t know..!)

Ray
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
Chuck and Ray,

I’ll try my best to do enough partying for the both of you tonight…I will take it upon myself to be the party animal, since I must <sigh> 🙂

Nancy
IK
Irene_K
Dec 31, 2003
Happy New Year to all! It is already 2004 here in Finland.

Irene K
R
Ray
Dec 31, 2003
Nancy, I’m celebrating at home tonight. Don’t exhaust yourself because of me… I’ll do my part 😉
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 31, 2003
Nancy, I know it’s a terrific sacrifice for you…..thanks! 🙂
R
Ray
Dec 31, 2003
Hey!!!!!! How is 2004? Better than 2003? 😉
IK
Irene_K
Dec 31, 2003
Starting nicely 🙂

Irene
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
Chuck,

You know I’d go the distance for you! Luckily the distance is to the closest neighbor, only three miles away.

Ray,

Sounds like you’ll hold up your own end then…

Nancy
R
Ray
Dec 31, 2003
Actually, the party has already begun 😉 (hickup!)

Ray
B
bethC
Dec 31, 2003
Happy New Year Everyone . . . sounds like on-going celebrations everywhere !

beth
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
Ray,

yehhh….maybe I should start getting in the mood at home here first…
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 31, 2003
It is 2004 in the Netherlands. Right now!

A happy and healthy New Year to all the new friends I met during my first year on this forum. You all were a true source of inspiration to me and guided me with my first steps on my way to produce better digital imaging in 2003.

Leen
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 31, 2003
LEEN K,
I was about to join you at midnight until I realized it would go againt one of my New Year’s Resolutions… to get to bed earlier than 1 or 2am so I can get up before 8:30am. I love my mornings so hate to be wasting them away.
Soooo Happy Happy New Year and I hope all my forum friends get at least ONE new camera or lens. Marty
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 31, 2003
Well in the UK we have about 25 minutes to go … but as I have promised to be no where near the computer at midnight … I will have to say Happy New Year now.

Hope each and every one of you have a happy and healthy new year … and that 2004 is a good year for all of us 🙂

Happy New Year (well in about 20 minutes)

Wendy
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 1, 2004
It’s been 2004 for nearly ten and a half hours here in Aus. (and I’ve been up for ten minutes) May you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2004. It’s looking rather nice here – blue sky warm and sunny. I may start the New year on the beach with the kids…
PA
Patti_Anderson
Jan 1, 2004
Here on the East coast we have about 5 more hours to go, but as there are those on this forum already into 2004…Happy New Year to all!

May your best resolutions be without any pixels!

Ooohh that was really bad. 🙂

Patti
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 1, 2004
Susan, you sure know how to rub it in ! Have a great and healthy New Year ! Cheers from upstate NY ! …..where it’s freekin cold and expecting a freeze by the ticking clock to 2004 !
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 1, 2004
It’s a bit too hot for me – we’ve just had the hottest December in South Australia for 50 years- I’m hoping that 2004 will be a little cooler.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
A little message for everyone <http://www.pbase.com/image/24654985>. Cheers! 🙂
JD
Juergen_D
Jan 1, 2004
We’ll have a party here before too long. I may not get back to the computer this year. So, let me now wish you all a very Happy New Year! And thanks for the wonderful company here.

Juergen
BE
Bob_E._Warren
Jan 1, 2004
Best wishes for the New Year to all! The Elements forum & the Challenge have made 2003 a great year for me — here’s to another and even better year in ’04.
Bob Warren
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 1, 2004
Barbara W. Very pretty card. Is that a gradient in disolve mode? It’s very attractive. By the way, Have a Happy New Year. It’s still several hours away here.
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Barbara, it’s cool !!! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 1, 2004
Barb, thanks for animating my evening ! Hope you have a great New Happy Year !~ Joy for you and your minolta !
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New Year to all! This has been a great year for all of us, and I thank you all here for helping me through my first year of PSE.
We have several hours to go here in NE USA, and we are tired from babysitting, so will probably not be awake to ring in the new year. But will be up early tomorrow, (I think).
Jane
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Thanks Terri, it’s still about 4 hours away here, thought I’d put it on a little early. It’s the New Year somewhere on the web! 🙂

In Save for Web, the gradient & entire image becomes speckled. With a GIF as the file type, I chose Perceptual, Noise and used 32 colors. If I selected 256 colors, it would have less noise speckles, but the file would be close to 800KB. It actually adds something to the confetti and yes it does look like dissolve mode. Glad you enjoyed it!
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Ray, thanks! I’ve been enjoying your Gradient Museum, you have some really wonderful ones on there!

Edit: Ray, I just got back from my PBase Galleries and it was so nice of you to leave me that lovely message! Yes, I do recognize your name from this forum. 😉
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Barbara.. I was looking at your pictures, and for a moment there (a long moment), it was like the flower was actually telling me a story. A nice one actually 🙂

I felt the same way when I looked at Leen’s wedding pictures. Although I didn’t actually knew the couples, they were sort of speaking to me. It must sound weird, I know. I should stop drinking.. 😉

Ray
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Ray, that’s a real compliment, I think an image that communicates is a successful image. Which flower was telling the story? 🙂 I’m on my second glass of champagne, so nothing sounds weird. 😉
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 1, 2004
Ray, I agree with Barbara.
I suppose Jodi would say: you are a cutie!
This is probably one of the best compliments I ever had. And I am sober! 😉

Leen
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
That it was once alone, but not anymore. Long time ago, it found its mate. I can’t locate the flower anymore. It was beige (or close to, I’m on LCD) with brown small particules in it… I shoud
have kept the link!!!!! $"/$±@!! Anyway, the small things inside looked like its children.

I know, this sounds crazy. Don’t pay too much attention, I’m not myself. I drink not that often…

Ray
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Lucky you Leen.. !

Signing offf now.

Will see you tomorrow (whit most probably a bad case of headache.)

And I am sober! 😉

Leen
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Ray, I think I know which flower you are talking about. Is it this one < http://home.earthlink.net/~bjwimages/bjwimages/Photos_12.htm l>? Hope you don’t have too bad a hangover tomorrow, I might! 😉 Thanks again for your compliments, it’s always nice to hear that someone likes your work.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New Year to all! And those of you who might partake in libations tonight, call a cab for a ride home. I don’t want to be booking any of you in tonight! 😉 Seriosly, though, be safe tonight.

Yes, I’m working the graveyard shift tonight, and I suspect I’ll be plenty busy unfortunately. On the bright side, I won’t wake up tomorrow with a hang over. 🙂

BTW, just so you know, its 2 degrees here in balmy northern Minnesota. Walking home from work this morning at 6:00am into a -11 degree below wind chill, I kept asking myself why I still live here. When I answered, of course, I couldn’t hear myself because my dang ears froze off! 😉

Joe
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 1, 2004
Heading into the new year on the west coast in a few hours. I feel fortunate to have found this friendly, warm hearted…and very talented community. Have a wonderful year ahead.

Barb, I love your new year greeting.

Beth, Glad you enjoyed our brief snow. I did. Went out for a walk as the snow was falling. This will be the year of snow for me as I bought snowshoes and xcountry skis and of course…warm clothes. Looking forward to exploring the snow covered realms in this part of the world.

Happy New Year!!! 2004 🙂
ML
Marty_Landolt
Jan 1, 2004
LEEN,
I just broke my first New Year’s Resolution, but maybe that coesn’t count since I didn’t make it at midnight.
So….Happy New Year!
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New Years from KCMO!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New Year from the Shire …..

Grant
JG
Julio_Guerra
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New Year from Sothern California. May all of you have an wonder 2004! Julio
DH
Dave Hamer
Jan 1, 2004
Well, it has just turned midnight on Canadas extreme left coast, so we can let the celebrations begin.

Happy New Year to everyone and may 2004 be prosperous, creative and bring enjoyment to all.

If you want to know what I am doing later in the day; I’ll be at the 9th Annual Sooke Polar Bear swim which is put on by the Fire Department that I belong to. The swim begins at 12 noon with the firing of a cannon ( model ) by one of our Firefighters, then all participants are invited to the Fire Hall for a free breakfast prepared by the firefighters and their wifes.

Check out the photos from last years event:

http://www.otterpointfire.bc.ca/news/polarbearswim2003.htm

Dave
F
franjo
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New 04 to everyone!

regards
fran
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Good morning Barb !

Here’s the picture I was talking about : http://www.pbase.com/image/17863807

Ray
P.S. A mild case of headache, that’s all. Mostly caused by my computer, that is. Running out of HD space 😉
LG
Lorace_Graham
Jan 1, 2004
It’s a beautiful cloudy day in Arizona!

I wish each of you a wonderful year, filled with everything to make you so happy that your happiness will extend beyond and to your friends!

I’m glad to be a part of this great forum.

Lorace
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 1, 2004
48 degrees (f) and mostly sunny in Western North Carolina. Glad to be home but really missed not being awaken by a 2 year old saying "time to get up gampa!"

Oh well, we’ll just have to go back!

Happy New Year to all.

Dick
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Good afternoon Ray! And no, I didn’t just wake up. A mild headache isn’t bad, ’cause I’ve got one too. Another happy hour tonight…? 😉

Ah, the Primrose was the one that was communicating, I thought maybe it was that Gerber Daisy. Hope the flowers I shoot in the future possess those qualities; it was a real treat to hear all about it! 🙂
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Happy New Year Jodi! Please forgive me, I completely missed your delightful message last night; glad you enjoyed my animation. I was hunting through Save for Web to see what settings I used, so I could tell Terri, and your message must have popped up a few before my reply to Terri. Well, the champagne didn’t help either, slows down my typing. 😉
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Mark, thanks, Happy New Year to you!
PA
Patti_Anderson
Jan 1, 2004
Barbara Wayne,
Your flower photos are truly exceptional! And like Ray, some of them seem to strike an emotional chord in the viewer. I find myself drawn to especially to macro shots of flowers.

Now for a question…When you take those closeups, like the primrose, what do you use to get the black background? Do you pick the flower and bring it in house? I remember you saying you used foam core board for the pottery photo challenge backgrounds, and was wondering if you have some other secret for the black background that is as simple.

Hopefully I’m not asking the magician to give away her secrets, but inquiring minds (and struggling newbie photographers) want to know. 🙂

Patti
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Patti, thanks! I just e-mailed you about my magician’s secrets. 🙂
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Ehhh.. no thanks Barb… I’m getting too old for doubles like these 😉 But, since my birthday is close, I might enjoy a new party then!

Ray
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
Ray, I don’t party that much, I was just kidding around after last night. 😉 A birthday celebration is imperative, let us know when it is, so we can all join the party. 🙂
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
It’s on January the 13th. Party is either gonna be on January the 10th or the 17th. We have friends visiting us next week, but I don’t want to impose my birthday on them.

Ray
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 1, 2004
January 13th, isn’t that the same day as Grants birthday?

Leen
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 1, 2004
I think Grant said it was the 19th? Party on the 13th for Ray! 🙂 Mine was the 13th also, but in October.
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
I don’t know what to expect this year around. My friend is preparing something, but I have no clue what… I don’t really like surprises!

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 1, 2004
No mine is not on the 19th!

g.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 2, 2004
Oops I’m sorry Grant. When is it?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 2, 2004
hi people…miss me ? Remember me ? Sorry I haven’t been on since last year. I’ve been busy.

Grant, so are you afraid to talk about the B’day thing ? Are you afraid i will post another poorly spelled card ? …Ya, thanks everyone for not rubbing that in….That X`mas thank you card I made Grant( the animated spaceship )…noticed a few days ago that I spelled ‘Christmas’ wrong on it…boy did I feel like an idiot ! I can’t believe I did that !!!!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 2, 2004
Jodi

I never noticed it and that is so unusual as I spel sow rite.

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 2, 2004
Grunt, wee wood be so purfict if wee kood. 😉
R
Ray
Jan 2, 2004
Jodi!!! I thought your were busy designing *the* most incredible gradient of all.. 😉
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 2, 2004
Ray, I’m not home…haven’t been home much lately….tis the season for gatherings. Tomorrow I will be back on track with my art…hopefully ! Time will only tell.
R
Ray
Jan 2, 2004
I’m alone for the day, so I’ve spent some time in front of the computer, and did a few more today 😉
It’s nice to have a quiet house to work.. !

Ray
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 2, 2004
I heard a great story on the radio about one of the American Presidents, Johnson (successor to Grant) who didn’t learn to read until he was 17. He had a reputation as a terrible speller and in response suggested that mediocre is the man who only knows one way of spelling a word.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 2, 2004
wrote in message
Oops I’m sorry Grant. When is it?

Barb

It is not on the 13th either 😉

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 2, 2004
Thanks mark, i guess i’m not mediocre then 😉
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Jan 2, 2004
Grant, I know, it’s the……

right? 😉
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 2, 2004
Yup …
PD
Pete_D
Jan 3, 2004
Barbara W,

Cool new years animation. HNY to you and everyone else on the forum.

So it is cold in upstate NY. Hmmm, spent new years eve outside in a hot tub (temps about 63 degrees) and Ney years day on the beach.

Now that is the way to start the year! Wish you all could have joined in.

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections