P
Posted By
peterpica
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Received some art files for designing newsletter, letterhead, envelope, etc. in .tif, .jpg and .eml format.

What is .eml?

I tried opening with Graphic Converter & other apps, but nothing recognized it. Customer hasn’t a clue either as a previous designer gave it to them and has somehow *disappeared.*

Anyone with any clues?

Thanks.

clueless

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
Sounds like an MS Outlook Express email message file (.eml).
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 4, 2004
Aug 4, 2004
When I save a questionable email from Mozilla (without actually opening it in Mozilla’s email module) to my desktop for cursory inspection in TextEdit, OS X saves it, by default, as "*.eml"

What seems to be happening, Peter, is that you’re saving the full email—text, coding and all.

Try to save out just the attached file(s), which should then reflect the proper file-format suffix.

Also, ask that clients compress files before attaching to an email (which they should be doing anyway) and name them so that you are easily able to identify the attachments they are sending you.

In the meantime, how about providing us with a little more info regarding what OS and email client you’re using?
P
peterpica
Aug 4, 2004
Phosphor… the .eml file was just given to me on a floppy along with some .tif and .jpg files. I was told to use them for some new work. I use Apple’s Mail application, and occasionally MS Entourage when I want mail receipts.
P
peterpica
Aug 4, 2004
Thanks all for clues.

I was able to open using *Thunderbird* mail client for Mac.

Regards.
Aug 4, 2004
Well, then, you need isolate the image files (tif and jpg) from the eml files.

<http://www.icdatamaster.com/e.html>

Scroll down to the "EML" listing and see a short description of what I’m talking about.
P
peterpica
Aug 4, 2004
I just dumped the .eml file into Dropstuff and voila!

Thanks all.
Aug 4, 2004
Gotta love easy solutions!

Viva le Macintosh!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections