C
Posted By
Colin
May 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just started having a problem with Photoshop 7.0 on my Mac. I have been able to use it with no problems until a week or so ago. Now when I try and launch the app it hangs at a download progress bar. It is trying to download an online text file. I can’t remember the file name right now as I am at work and my Mac ia at home. It occurs during the start-up of PS while the splash screen is still visible. I don’t remember if it is before or after plug-ins are loaded but it is around the same point in start-up.
I also have PS 7 on my PC at work and that starts no problem. I thought maybe PS 7 support had been dropped but that doesn’t seem to be the case (on the PC anyway)

Any ideas?

Colin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
predatorfe
Jun 3, 2006
Hi, have you tried to delete the preference file of your photoshop?

Steve

Colin ha scritto:

I have just started having a problem with Photoshop 7.0 on my Mac. I have been able to use it with no problems until a week or so ago. Now when I try and launch the app it hangs at a download progress bar. It is trying to download an online text file. I can’t remember the file name right now as I am at work and my Mac ia at home. It occurs during the start-up of PS while the splash screen is still visible. I don’t remember if it is before or after plug-ins are loaded but it is around the same point in start-up.
I also have PS 7 on my PC at work and that starts no problem. I thought maybe PS 7 support had been dropped but that doesn’t seem to be the case (on the PC anyway)

Any ideas?

Colin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections