Elements deleted all my image files after….

BK
Posted By
Bill_Kannberg
Feb 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded the latest trial version of Adobe Elements for Mac today (2/5/04). It’s better than the PC version BTW, –with more templates.

I was using the option to create a web site with images when I realized that the background I picked was the wrong one. There was no way to stop it so I hit the ESC key about 5 times. It stopped, no errors.

I started re-picking my background when I got an error say "no image files" when selecting the group to include. Hmmm. So I check my source files and zip, zero, nada. They’d been deleted.

ADOBE: Please FIX this odd bug. I’m sure I’m not the only person on the planet who’ll try to stop one of those long "to the web" exports with the ESC key.

This bug needs to be fixed ASAP

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 5, 2004
Bill

I suspect the problem may be a System related one. I tried to reproduce this problem using two versions of Windows and the program exited the procedure gracefully. Anyone with a Mac want to try to reproduce this problem.

G.
BT
Ben T
Feb 5, 2004

G.
Touche
B.
BT
Ben_T
Feb 5, 2004

G.
Touche
B.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Feb 6, 2004
Bill, I suspect you may have just messed up the file path. Have you run fsck and repaired permissions since you hit the escape key? This is certainly not a bug that anyone has reported before and I can’t duplicate it on my imac in panther.
BK
Bill_Kannberg
Feb 6, 2004
For all…

The Windows version is not the problem. I have both version and this only happened on my Mac. The Mac is a Powerbook with the latest version of Panther.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections