LH
Posted By
LOUISE_HATTER
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS IS THE CLOSEST THING TO PHOTODELUXE BUSINESS EDITION 1.1 – AM TRYING TRIAL VERSION – THINK I COULD MANAGE TO USE IT ALTHO IT SEEMS OVERWHELMING NOW – HOW CAN I CHANGE ISPs ON EMAIL? I HAVE COMCAST BROADBAND AND AOL – PREFER TO USE AOL – HOW CAN I SET THIS UP AS THE DEFAULT ISP?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 19, 2004
I don’t believe you can use AOL as your default e-mail program, although nobody has asked this particular question before. AOL requested a browser be designed for their exclusive use, and that design makes it incompatible with the HTML pages used for displaying Elements Help and Tutorials. That part is easy to fix, but I seriously doubt setting AOL e-mail as the default can be managed in the same way. Very few people use that automatic Attach to e-mail feature, though, because once you’ve attached one picture you still have to use the "Attach" feature in your mail program for any additional ones. Personally, with all of the other great features Elements has to offer, I wouldn’t consider this a deal breaker, but you might.

If you do decide to purchase Elements, make sure you completely remove the trial version first. The two are incompatible.

And, would you please turn off the caps lock? Around here, some of us sensitive types feel like we’re being yelled at. And we’re really very nice people! Honest! 🙂
PD
Pete_D
Feb 19, 2004
Beth,

AOL has some type of new "enhanced" e mail that is supposed to make it compatible with most things. It is not their regular mail program so it might work. But I don’t have an AOL account anymore so I can’t speak with authority on the subject; just what I have heard.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 19, 2004
Good for AOL! It’s about time they joined up with the rest of the world! I hope you’re right.
PD
Pete_D
Feb 19, 2004
I hope you’re right.

Not right :):) Just passing along hearsay for those that can’t tear themselves away from AOL 🙂

If I had AOL I would look at their mail program options. It may be a separate download that does not come packaged with aol.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 19, 2004
Possibly, although someone I was corresponding with from Ohio had just upgraded to the newest version of AOL. We were having a terrible time exchanging image files, and – after doing the obvious thing first, which was to blame the fact I use a Mac – they finally determined it was the e-mail portion of their new AOL software that was screwing everything up. Of course there’s always plenty of room for user errors, too, I’m sure.
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 20, 2004
My brother and some of my cousins use AOL, and they have lots of trouble viewing images too. Its not a Mac problem.
So I just have to put what I want them to look at on my Pbase page and send them the link, and sometimes they can’t just click on the link, so they have to type it in.
But eventually they get to our pictures. Time consuming and convoluted though. Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections