S
Posted By
Stephensunny
Nov 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. I am having issues with paths and making selections. Example: I used to create a pth of a shape with another path shape inside. From the paths palette I could command click the path and the resulting selection would be of both paths. So lets say a doughnut with the hole in the center would be created.

For some reason when I do this now only the outside shape is selected and not the center.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
J_Maloney
Nov 6, 2008
With the path tool selected, command-click (select with the white arrow/path selection too) the inside path. Then click the "exclude" button in the path options bar.
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 6, 2008
You can see in the top pic, the "union" button is selected (therefore, a union path) and then once the "exclude" button is pressed with the inside path selected, you see the path become the way you want (see inside both red circles). I usually keep the exclude path option on all the time.
S
Stephensunny
Nov 6, 2008
You Da Man! Thanks Buddy!!
SF
simon_fuller
Jan 3, 2009
hehe thanks Maloney, this has been bugging me for a whole day 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections