Can’t acquire/import any photo in trial download.

AM
Posted By
Andrea_Maier
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying the trial version down loaded from Adobe (with intention to purchase). I have a new IBook. I am unable to get the program to connect to IPhoto or read my camera (Olympus C750-with software). I was able to connect to the scanner (HP All-in-one). Is this how the trial is supposed to operate? Adobe seems to be unavailable for answers. Thanks so much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jun 8, 2004
Andrea,

I don’t recommend trying to get Photoshop Elements to connect to your camera for image downloading. Are you new to Mac OS?

This is how I use iPhoto with Photoshop Elements. Within Image Capture I select iPhoto as my default for importing photos when either a camera or a card reader (I use a card reader and highly recommend you use one) is connected. Within iPhoto, go to preferences. You will have three options. Under General > ‘Double Click Photo’ > ‘Opens photo in’ Here you select Photoshop Elements.

Now, when you double click an image thumbnail in Organize mode within iPhoto it will open in Photoshop elements. Once you have done your editing in Photoshop Elements (and have flattened your image to one layer) it will return to iPhoto with the edited version.

Another way is to load your photos directly to any folder on your hardrive but you have to set this preference within Image Capture.

Then you can navigate to that folder from Photoshop Elements with the browser or File >OPen.

Now there are variations on all of this but this should give you a good start.

If you connect your camera to your iBook after the Image Capture preferences have been set for iPhoto, iPhoto will open and it’s Import button will pulse, beckoning you to click it for import of your images.

Perhaps others here can add more…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections