BR
Posted By
B_R_Oliver
Jun 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a picutre of my son on a wakeboard. I want to delete the space in between his legs and the board. I have used the magic wand to highlight just him with no problem. I have cut the area out and was able to fill it with a new pattern of the background I want but curious if there was a way to make this area transparent.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CR
Chris_Rankin
Jun 16, 2004
If you have him selected, which should leave the space between the board and his legs unselected, you could right click and make him a seperate layer which you could then apply over any background.

I think that’s what you’re trying to achieve, if not maybe you could clarify a little more. CR
BR
B_R_Oliver
Jun 16, 2004
I will try to clarify some more. I am wanting to take just the image. Since the Magic Wand has taken only the outside of image, I was trying to remove the area between his legs and board (make it open as well). So I would basically have just his image and the board) and when pasted on the new image, you could see the new background between his legs, not the old.
DG
David G House
Jun 16, 2004
BR.. you could repete with the M_wand as before.. or as Chris suggested make the cut out of your son a differeent layer… then with that layer active go into the tool box and use the "Selection Brush",,,, the neat thing about that tool is that if you go outside the line you can press "Alt" and push it back… P.S. if you do this .. check in the menue bar that "Selection" is indicated not "Mask"…

David
CR
Chris_Rankin
Jun 16, 2004
BR,
My fault, with the image selected as you outlined above, click on the selection option that allows you to subtract (third from left in the box between the different lasso choices and the feather box) from the selection and go over the space between the legs and the board. This will remove that area from your selection and you can then make your layer.

CR
BR
B_R_Oliver
Jun 16, 2004
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections