DK
Posted By
David_Kosiur
Dec 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m still running a version of Photoshop CS4 in a G5 iMac under 10.4.11 and have noticed one problem in CS4. Running in full-screen mode, when I try to invoke the move tool by pressing the space bar to move an image within the window, the image suddenly jumps to the upper left corner of the workspace. Try using the space bar again, and the image moves further to the upper left.

Working on a MacBook running 10.4.11, I do not run into the same problem. Pressing the space bar behaves as expected and I can move the image around the window as desired.

Is this a bug when working with an older Mac? Perhaps there’s an option I’ve missed somewhere?

Thanks,
Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Dec 24, 2008
I’m using a G5 with Tiger and the space bar works as it should.

Make a new user and see if the problem persists.
DK
David_Kosiur
Dec 24, 2008
Didn’t make any difference with a new user account.

The problem appears to be due to the Logitech NuLooq driver. When I turn off the NuLooq driver, the space bar works as expected in Photoshop CS4.
DK
David_Kosiur
Dec 24, 2008
I take it all back…

I removed all traces of the NuLooq preference pane, driver and plug-ins for Photoshop and the space STILL does not work properly. One click of the space bar (when in full-screen mode) and the image heads for the upper left!
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 25, 2008
David you may have removed the stuff connected to logitech form your system preference panes and from and such but I bet they have an uninstaller that will remove other things that are in places you cannot know about and get to, of you may have actually done exactly that.

But there may also be a preference in your user preferences and Photoshops preferences and .plist may have been corrupt as well.

You might consider trashing them as well. Of course make certain you quit Photoshop first before you do anything.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections