CK
Posted By
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to know what the preference file name is for CS2 in windows vista, other help files tell me that it is:

users\user name\library\preferences\adobe photoshop CS2\adobe photoshop CS2 prefs.psp but I think that is for MAC?

I also found one Documents and settings\user profile\application\data\adobe\photoshop\8.0\adobe photoshop CS2 settings folder..

In my computer I get as far as user\my name\… there is no library and/or no application…none of the above files exists…

this could be why my photoshop freezes when I change my color setting to adobe RGB…it has no file to go to?? (see other topic: CS2 and vista ‘save as’ won’t work)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
this is related to topic: cs2 and vista ‘save as" wont work
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 5, 2007
Charlene

In XP the preference files are in:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

They are probably there in Vista (which is not supported for CS2 by the way).

You need to have "Show Hidden Files" selected i Windows Explorer to see them.
CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks John, actually, application data didnt work but appData did, I found it!!

If changing the name of the preference file to "old" and restarting CS2 doesnt work(it makes a new preference file) then I guess I have to upgrade to CS3 maybe… thanks
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 5, 2007
You can delete them; they are rebuilt next time Photoshop starts.
CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
somewhere I read that if I delete the pref.files, when it makes a New file, it might work better…but I don’t know if that will help or not, we’ll see..I also deleted the pref file by starting CS2 while holding down Shift,CTL,ALT it sets pref. back to defaults, but then If I change my color settings to adobe RGB I have the same problem and cannot save the photo…freezes. Someone else said they had no problem changing cs2 color settings in vista…so I dont know. I will try this and see…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections