EC
Posted By
Ed C
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have scanned an image and cropped it to where a round circle (the main object) is surrounded by a white square (background). I want to delete (or make transparent) the background so that the circular object can be used in a PowerPoint project where the master slide has a color that I cannot match. How do I change the background in Elements 6 to eliminate (make invisible) the white background?
OldEd

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GA
Gerry Atrick
Jun 15, 2007
"OldManEd" wrote in message
|I have scanned an image and cropped it to where a round circle (the main | object) is surrounded by a white square (background). I want to delete (or | make transparent) the background so that the circular object can be used in | a PowerPoint project where the master slide has a color that I cannot match. | How do I change the background in Elements 6 to eliminate (make invisible) | the white background?
| OldEd
|

Try saving your image under "Save for web". In the associated dialog box there is an option to select the MATTE colour (ie the colour that will be transparent when displayed a web page.)

Gerry Atrick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections